via the Disability Cultural Center:
Our friends at the Mayor's Office for People with Disabilities (MOPD) have let us know that there are blocks of appointments for COVID-19 vaccinations reserved for people with disabilities in the coming week.
* Do you need access to the COVID-19 vaccine?
* Do you have a disability?
* Are you a resident of the City of Chicago?
* Can you get to the United Center for an appointment?
* Do you have availability on Wednesday or Friday this week, March 24th or 26th?
If so, DCC staff can set you up with an appointment!
Call us at 312-355-7050, or email us at email@example.com. We hope to prioritize UIC students who do not expect to get a vaccine from UIC.
The following accommodations can be requested:
* Prefer to receive vaccine at a set location and not move from station to station
* Request way-finding assistance
* Limited English proficiency
* American Sign Language (ASL) Interpretation
* Mobility Assistance
* Clear Masks
* Prefer not to answer
What to expect when you contact us:
We will ask you for information including your date of birth, email, address, demographic information (race and ethnicity), and availability--so that we can register you for an appointment. If you contact us by phone, we will ask you for this information in real time. If you contact us over email, we'll ask you to reply with this information before we can register you.
We will respond to all inquiries as promptly as possible. Take care, everyone!