The Academic Center for Excellence provides learning and support services to enable all UIC students to accomplish their academic goals by developing critical thinking skills and fostering informed decision making to support their academic success.
Through the cultivation of supportive relationships and coaching, students will learn how to navigate UIC, make connections across campus and build the necessary skills to thrive in college and beyond.
- Recruit and engage first-year students
- Meet with students (either one to one or in small group) and facilitate guided conversations to identify needs, set goals, and provide referrals to appropriate resources as needed
- Facilitate virtual group events with students and fellow peer coaches
- Represent the unit and UIC at workshops, events and other University functions.
Ideal candidates will have:
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Problem solving skills
- High level of time management skills, organization and flexibility
- Strong interest in learning about UIC resources, services and opportunities as well as policies and people at UIC
- Interest in peer mentorship/coaching/learning communities.
Peer Success Coaches will need to be available a maximum of 10-12 hours per week, with 2 hours dedicated to professional development and 5 hours dedicated to planning, documentation, outreach and follow up with students as needed.
Apply at: https://uic.joinhandshake.com/stu/jobs/6285214.