Dr. Heide Klumpp (PhD) and Dr. Alex Leow (PhD) at The University of Illinois at Chicago are conducting a research study on insomnia and depression. This study is testing sleep measures (collected with a sleep watch) and digital behaviors (collected by using the “BiAffect” app) to predict and monitor mood symptoms and thinking patterns over time.
You may be eligible to participate if you:
- Are 18-45 years old.
- Suffer from depression or insomnia
- Have an Apple iPhone
If you are eligible and agree to participate you will undergo:
- A psychiatric interview.
- Wear a sleep watch weekly.
- Weekly clinical assessments.
- Two sessions with electroencephalography (EEG) to noninvasively measure brain function
- Two neuropsychological assessments to measure concentration and attention.
- Use the BiAffect app to monitor your keyboard patterns on your phone.
Patients who are currently undergoing psychotherapy (talk therapy) or taking certain medications that affect the brain may not qualify for the study. The total time that you will be involved in this study is 5 visits during a 4-week period. You are expected to be in the study for about 13 hours. Volunteers will be compensated for their time. All information you give is confidential.
For more information, please contact:
If you are interested in the study, please fill out our survey below: