The sisters of alpha Kappa Delta Phi invite you all to bask in the glory of our Breast Cancer Awareness Signature Event, aKDPhind a Cure: Thriving not just Surviving!
We will have tables set up to make cards for Breast Cancer patients, Breast Cancer Awareness kits for women in homeless shelters, a photo booth and so much more!
Not only that, but we will be hosting FIVE panelists who will graciously share their knowledge and experience with Breast Cancer treatments, wellness and prevention.
Our amazing panelists are:
- Carol Petersen, Associate Director of the UIC Wellness Center
- Gini Fleming, MD, Breast Medical Oncologist from UChicago Medicine
- Pamela Sue Ganschow, Director, Cancer Prevention and Survivorship Clinical Programs
- Nan Chen, MD, Breast Medical Oncologist from UChicago Medicine
- Andrea Madrigrano, MD, Surgical Oncologist from Rush University Medical Center
This event has no entrance fee and is open to all organizations!
Location: Student Center East Room 605
Date: Friday, October 22nd, 2021
- Daily UIC Healthcheck is required for entry - External attendees not affiliated with UIC must answer health screening questions and present evidence of vaccination against COVID-19 or a negative COVID-19 test no more thant 72 hours before the event
- No food or drinks allowed
- Masks must be worn at all times regardless of vaccination status