Thanks to your donations the Pop-up Pantry will be 'popping up" again to distribute food to UIC students on the following date:
Location: Student Center East Tower, Room: 604A
Date: February 12, 2015.
- Students will need their I-card.
Please inform any student you know who would benefit from this resource. We are here to help.
Who are we?
The UIC Wellness Center and the Undergraduate Student Government (USG), have launched a service called the Pop-Up Pantry which is a food pantry for registered UIC students. The Pop-Up Pantry offers canned goods and non-perishable food items. The resource is free for students, and intended to help any student who is experiencing a decreased access to food due to budgetary constraints.
How can you help?
Donations are still accepted and can be dropped off at one of the Pop-Up Pantry collection bins:
- African American Academic Network (Harrison and Racine) • Library of the Health Science (Polk and Wood) • Office of the Dean of Students (Harrison and Racine) • UIC Wellness Center (Polk and Halsted) • Undergraduate Student Success Center (111 Stevenson Hall)
Food Donation Guidelines:
Products must be;
- In cans, cartons, or bags
- Non-perishable (requires no refrigeration or freezing) • In the original container with the original product label • Within two weeks of the "Best Buy," or Best If Used by dates • Free of damage, stains, moisture, etc.
- We will not accept items in glass containers for safety reasons.
- Items donated must be unopened.
Items most needed:
- Canned Fish/Canned Meats
- Canned Soup or Soup Packets
- Canned Vegetables
- Canned Beans
- Cereal /Granola Bars/Oatmeal
- Instant meal in a cup (ex. mac & cheese) • Rice / Pasta • Peanut Butter/Jelly • Instant Coffee/Tea • Powdered Milk • Baby Food
Questions? Contact Carole Peterson, Associate Director of the Wellness Center, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 312-413-2120, or Brandon Gaskew, Undergraduate Student Government Vice President at email@example.com.