Project: VISION is a small grassroots organization serving youth age 12-18 in Chicago's Chinatown & Bridgeport neighborhoods. We are seeking tutors for our After School Homework Tutoring Program. Tutors will assist students in grades 6-12 with homework and provide enrichment activities to help students develop academic skills and knowledge. Each tutor will work with 4-5 students each afternoon and assist the Program Coordinator with maintaining student records. We are seeking tutors with strong personal academic records and enthusiasm and passion for teaching youth. The position is paid an hourly rate of $9.50/hour. Location: 2301 S. Archer Ave., Unit #1, Chicago, IL, 60616, US
- Must be at least college sophomore
- Strong academic record (undergraduate GPA of at least 3.2/4.0) and confident in a variety of subjects, especially higher math (algebra, advanced algebra, geometry, trigonometry, pre-calculus/calculus) and sciences (biology, chemistry, and physics).
- Good communication skills
- Reliable, self-motivated with good time management skills, able to work well with a team
- Available to work 10-20 hours/week (in minimum 3 hour blocks). Shifts are available Mondays-Fridays 3-7pm and Saturdays 10a-1p.
- Able to commit to working at least the remainder of the academic year (through 6/15/15)
- Experience working with youth in the 12-18 age group is preferred.
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you!