The Honors Review is a journal published through the Honors Program at Augsburg College. We focus on highlighting undergraduate research from a variety of academic fields. If you have written novel research papers, either as a part of a research program or due to a class, I encourage you to submit a paper to the Honors Review. I have included instructions for how to do so later in this email. Our deadline is the 15th of January, but I would be able to extend this deadline if there is strong interest in submitting a paper. I look forward to reading any papers that your students have written.
Editor-in-Chief, Honors Review
To submit a paper send an e-mail to email@example.com in the following format:
- Subject of Email– Last Name, First Name of the primary author.
- Names– In the paper and email, provide your name as you would like it to be printed, along with the names of co-authors and one faculty reference. The HR has a blind selection process, so the author’s name will not be given to the selection committee.
- School– The undergraduate school you were attending when the paper was written and/or the institution where the research was conducted.
- Division - State the discipline of your paper.
- Your Email - Provide an up-to-date email that will be active for at least nine months from the date of submission. If the HR accepts your paper for publication, an editor will contact you about the editing process.
- Title of Paper– Include the title of your paper in the email and in the header of the attached paper.
- Abstract– Include a 200-700 word abstract for your paper in the email and in the attached paper.
- Cover letter– As a separate word document, attach a 200-700 word cover letter explaining why the paper is an excellent candidate for publication and how the paper meets the HR standards of publication.
- Attachments– As a word document (.doc) attach your paper to the email with the file name: lastname_firstname.doc. Also, attach your cover letter with the file name lastname_firstnameCL.doc.
Augsburg Honors Review
Sverdrup Hall, Room 208
2211 Riverside Avenue
Minneapolis, MN 55454