Film Matters is seeking current undergraduate students to review some recent academic titles for us. The available books are listed below:
- Beyond the Looking Glass: Narcissism and Female Stardom in Studio-Era Hollywood, by Ana Salzberg (Berghahn Books).
- Boyhood: Twelve Years on Film, Photographs by Matt Lankes (University of Texas Press).
- The Cinema of Robert Rodriguez, by Frederick Luis Aldama (University of Texas Press).
- Parallel Lines: Post-9/11 American Cinema, by Guy Westwell (Wallflower Press).
- The Philosophy of Michael Mann, edited by Steven Sanders, Aeon J. Skoble, and R. Barton Palmer (University Press of Kentucky).
- A Pocket Guide to Analyzing Films, by Robert Spadoni (University of California Press).
- Terence Davies, by Michael Koresky (University of Illinois Press).
Students interested in this opportunity should send a statement of interest (taking care to indicate any relevant qualifications for reviewing a specific title, like past course work, etc.) to: futurefilmscholars AT gmail.com
Priority will be given to emails received by January 15, 2015.
Students who are selected for this opportunity will receive a review copy of the book, which they can keep with our (and the publisher’s) compliments in exchange for the written review. This is an excellent way to build experience and CVs!