via Women's Leadership and Resource Center and Campus Advocacy Network at the University of Illinois Chicago:
- Schedule an appointment with a mental health professional:
- Call, text, or chat with an advocate through a 24-hour hotline:
- Illinois Domestic Violence Hotline: Call 877-863-6338 (877-TO END DV) or chat online.
- Chicago Rape Crisis Hotline: Call 888-293-2080 or chat online. (Chat option is available Monday-Friday, 9am - 5pm in English and Spanish.)
- UIC Counseling Center Crisis Hotline: Call 312-996-3490 and request a crisis counselor.
- Crisis Text Line: Text HOME to 741741 or chat online.
- National Suicide Prevention Hotline: Call 1-800-273-8255 or chat online.
- Find peer-led support:
- The UIC Counseling Center offers several weekly options for group therapy and interpersonal processing. Suggest additional drop-in spaces or workshops with this online form.
- Visit a Living Room, a safe place where you can talk with a peer if you are experiencing emotional stress or crisis event. Check out this list of Illinois providers to find a Living Room near you.
- Grief and bereavement support groups:
- Grief Support Group – Journey Care
Offers free grief support programs to adults, teens, and children. Pre-registration is required.
549 W. Randolph St. | 224-770-2273
Groups meet for 8 weeks; Wednesdays 6-7:30pm
- GriefShare Support Groups
Hosts weekly meetings for those who have lost a family member or friend. Meetings are held at local religious centers.
8605 S. Cregier Ave. | 773-734-7708
10708 S. Vincennes Ave. | 773-445-9782 ext. 230
- Loving Outreach to Survivors of Suicide (LOSS)
Supports individuals who have lost a loved one by suicide. Some Spanish services are available.
721 N. LaSalle St. | 312-655-7525
3rd Tuesday 6-8pm