"Teach and Learn in Korea" or TaLK Program is the South Korean Government-Sponsored English Teaching Program offering native English speakers an opportunity to teach Elementary students in rural areas.
Established in 2008 and looking forward to our recruitment for the 2015 year, the TaLK Program participants, or, "TaLK Scholars" engage in arranged classes for 15 hours per week from Monday to Friday with plenty of time to explore the nation, meet other adventure-minded young people, and experience a truly unique culture.
With the highest satisfaction, TaLK not only serves the rural community, but provides a chance to become a perspective-broadening cornerstone to our Scholar’s futures, careers, and international travel memories as well.
- 1 year (6 Months for exceptional cases)
- 15 hours a week
- Placement in rural areas in Elementary Schools
- Co-scholar teaching partners to assist you while you teach
- Entrance and Exit Allowances for your flight at 1.3 million Korean Won each way
- Monthly stipend of 1.5 million Korean Won (Approximately 1,400 US Dollars)
- Sponsored Field Trips or cultural allowance
- One-month teaching training orientation
- Settlement allowance (300,000 Korean Won)
- Scholarship certification of completion
- Vacation Leave (7 days for 6 month contracts, 14 days for 1 year contracts)
We recruit citizens from: Australia, Canada, Ireland, New Zealand, South Africa, UK, and USA
Education Requirement: Associate’s degree or enrolled in a Bachelor’s degree Program (3rd year or higher)
Go to www.talk.go.kr - Apply today! but Please review your eligibility before you apply at the site.
Application Period: September 9th ~ November 21st, 2014
Questions to be directed to Hanbit Choi (TaLK coordinator)
Korean Education Center
NBC Tower Suite 2700
455 N. Cityfront Plaza Dr.
Chicago, IL 60611
Tel: 312-822-9485 (Ext: 232 OR 118)
For more info, please visit: www.talk.go.kr