My name is Jacob Schulz and I currently serve as President of the Undergraduate Student Government. As President, one of my goals is to work towards improving our academic and advising curriculum. Therefore, I have created the Academic and Advising Policy Committee (AAPC), a special committee of the Undergraduate Student Government. I am seeking student representatives from each college to join this committee. Listed below are the goals of the AAPC:
• A thorough analysis of the SIT Data
• Identify common core issues that students face in our classrooms.
• Identify effective practices that students face in our classrooms.
• Encourage all UIC Colleges to use the same advising system that is administered by the Vice Provost of Faculty Affairs.
• Solicit input from students through forums and events in regards to academic policies.
• Encourage all UIC Colleges to create an evaluation system for advisors.
• Solicit feedback from students about common issues faced with advisors.
• Identify effective advising practices.
• Establish a list of Academic and Advising Policy Recommendations.
• Work with faculty representatives from each college to garner feedback and possible support for our recommendations.
• Submit them for consideration and possible implementation to the Undergraduate Policy Committee.
If you are interested in serving on the AAPC, please fill out the form at this link: https://uic.qualtrics.com/SE/?SID=SV_5aV63pC1LN1GWTH by Friday, October 10th at 5:00 pm. If you have any questions or concerns, then please feel free to contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you.
President | Undergraduate Student Government