The Department of Managerial Studies, College of Business Administration is looking for a junior undergraduate student to provide general office and communications support. The student should have good written communication and organizational skills. Availability to work during the summer is required.
GENERAL DUTIES: Include filing, answering phones, preparing reports and mailings for supervisors, distributing office mail, operating a Xerox machine, maintenance of filing and record-keeping systems under supervision, Internet research as needed, update website, monitor office supplies needs, and special projects as assigned.
HOURS: 15-18 hours/week between 8:45-4:45 pm. Must be able to work a minimum of a 3-4 hour block during the day and work during the summer.
If interested, please send a resume and letter of interest to Dr. Nakata at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include your fall schedule
• Excellent writing skills including good grammar, punctuation, and proofreading skills
• Good computer skills including Microsoft Word and Excel
• Good interpersonal skills; ability to interact in a professional and mature manner
• Excellent attention to detail
• Ability to take initiative and follow-through
• Organized; detail-oriented
• Ability to manage time and maintain a to-do list
• Ability to think critically and problem-solve
• Inquisitive and curious; likes to learn.
• Experience with Photoshop Elements desirable, but not required
• Photography and videography skills desirable, but not required
• Ability to learn can compensate for lack of experience
Attractive majors: liberal arts, applied health sciences (biomedical visualization); graphic and web design.
Due to conflict of interest and confidentiality concerns, we cannot hire students from the College of Business Administration.