Undergraduate Internship: UIC Bike Planning
UIC Office of Sustainability
Aim of Internship:
Familiarize students interested in urban sustainability, bicycle transportation planning, or urban planning generally with the components of university bicycle planning. Objective of internship is to build on existing bike planning at UIC.
Review of selected peer university bike plans to inform UIC‐appropriate sections.
Plan should be consistent with UIC Climate Action Plan and Master Planning, and
existing plans. Sections could include:
- Vision, goals and objectives
- Infrastructure overview and parking expansion plan for West Side
- Educational events
- Strategic partnerships
- Bicycle Friendly University recommendations
- Interest in and knowledge of bicycle issues
- Excellent communication skills
- Adobe Suite – Illustrator/InDesign
- Good organizational skills
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
Please fill out application (pg. 2) and return to Kate Yoshida at firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday, Sept. 19, 2014. Minimum 45 hours per semester. Can be used as independent study if appropriate. This is an unpaid internship.