The Center for Research on Health and Aging (CRHA) at the Institute for Health Research and Policy (IHRP) currently has a General Office Assistant position for a part-time (20 hours per week) undergraduate student worker.
The undergraduate student worker will assist with the financial running of the Center as well as project/grant related documents pertaining to the Center’s research.
Financial tasks for the position include TEM and I-Buy processing, organizing financial records, data entry, scheduling, mailing, filing, making copies/scanning, faxing, running errands, and other assigned duties.
Research project tasks for the position include internet journal searches, designing and editing project tables, graphs, and reports.
This is an excellent opportunity to learn the business side of research.
- Experience with MS Office software - Word, Excel, Access and Powerpoint
- Professional interpersonal manner, reliable and responsible
- Excellent writing and communication skills
- Good organizational skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- One year of work experience in an office setting is required
- Ability to follow directions and work independently
- Team player
- Previous experience working with TEM and I-Buy at UIC is a plus, but not required
- The ideal candidate should be available for at least 6 months to one year
To apply for this position, please send a resume with a cover letter (At least a one paragraph statement describing your interest) to Lmarti5@uic.edu by July 30, 2014.
No phone calls please or in person visits.
IHRP and UIC are an EOE/AA/M/F/Disabled/Veteran