The Center for Literacy is looking for enthusiastic literacy tutors to support the reading and math improvement of Head Start parents. If you are reading this you could be a tutor!
How can you help?
• Tutor English or Spanish speaking GED Students
• Participate in orientation, training's, and observations as offered.
• Be willing to commit to 2 hours per week for a minimum of one quarter
Where can you help?
• 10 South Kedzie
• 4314 South Cottage Grove
• 4800 South Paulina (Spanish GED site )
• other locations not listed
• Now through July 2014
• 9:00 am – 12:00pm and 1:00pm -3:00pm
• Make a difference in the lives of others
• Gain work experience
• Develop new skills
• Meet interesting people
• Possibly become volunteer of the month
Volunteer and Make a difference - 312-413-9869
This project was made possible by a grant awarded by the Illinois State Library, a division of the Office of Secretary of State, using funds designated for literacy.