African American Academic Network tutors assist students with course work related to UIC academics through individual or group interventions. Under the supervision of the Learning Resource Center manager, tutors will perform the following duties:
• Must be available for work Monday thru Friday according to the set and agreed schedule
• Maintain accurate student file progress and information
• Maintain and monitor Learning Resource Center activities at all times
• Assist in maintaining a clean LRC environment
• Tutor in two (2) or more courses
• Answer and assist students and staff with questions related to course information
• Monitor computer lab and ensure computers and printers are operating properly and correctly by students
• Promote tutoring, other services rendered and events sponsored by AAAN
• Lead peer review groups or workshop sessions, writing follow-up reports to workshops
• Attend meetings and LRC sponsored events
• Computer skills are required
• Tutors/assistant will perform other duties as assigned
Tutors needed in areas such as: Mathematics, Psychology, Chemistry, Organic Chemistry I and II, Physics (Calculus and Algebra-based), Biology (all levels)
All tutor applicants are required current enrollment of 6 credit hours minimum and a cumulative Grade Point Average (GPA) of 3.0 or higher and have attended UIC at least 1 semester (some grad students may qualify). Tutor candidates have the capability to effectively communicate with diverse entities of students who may have multiple learning needs or skills. All AAAN tutors are required to tutor in two (2) or more subjects/courses in which grades of “A” or “B” were earned. Once hired, tutors must work a minimum of 10 hours a week, and at least TWO DAYS in the week.
Please send all resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls or walk-in interviews.