The Illinois Caucus for Adolescent Health (ICAH) is a network of empowered youth and allied adults who transform public consciousness and build the capacity of systems to support the sexual health, identity and rights of youth. ICAH’s priorities
• Reduce stigma and shame around youth sexuality and decision making
• Increase access to accurate sexual health information and to health care
• Increase youth voice within systems that impact their lives
• Foster mutually-respectful relationships between youth and adults
• Increase access to safe relationships and environments that promote a positive perception of self.
Members of the Youth Leadership Council learn how to organize and educate peers and adults within their communities. They lead ICAH’s peer education work in schools and programs, organize in school, family and healthcare systems, and implement new media campaigns that transform public consciousness around youth sexual decision-making.
See the flyer and application below for more information. Contact Nikki Zaleski at firstname.lastname@example.org with questions. Applications are due Monday, June 23.