UYTC Research Assistants
The Urban Youth Trauma Center (UYTC) in the Department of Psychiatry of the University of Illinois at Chicago (UIC) has immediate openings for either full-time or part-time research assistant positions in community-based dissemination and implementation science focused on trauma-informed violence prevention/intervention with co-occurring substance abuse and disruptive behavior disorders.
UYTC is a member of the National Child Traumatic Stress Network (NCTSN) with federal, local, and foundation funding and related activities.
The UYTC research assistant positions will be up to a one-year position (renewable after the first year contingent upon satisfactory performance review) with responsibilities that include the following primary tasks:
- Participation in manualized protocol/treatment trainings for professional providers and community members
- Participation in collaboration and consultation with partnering agencies and professionals
- Contribution to database development, management, and analysis
- Contribution to IRB submissions and amendments
- Contribution to formal written reports for funding agencies
- Opportunity for participation in selected peer-reviewed journal manuscripts and scholarly conferences under faculty supervision
- Bachelor’s Degree completed or in progress in Psychology or a related social science
- Interest in urban youth and families
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously in team setting
Learn more at UYTC at http://www.nctsn.org/about-us/network-members/urban-youth-trauma-center-institute-juvenile-research-university-illinois-chicago and https://www.facebook.com/UrbanYouthTraumaCenter
Interested? Contact Jaleel K. Abdul-Adil, Ph.D., Co-Director of the Urban Youth Trauma Center at (312) 413-1371 or email@example.com.