Sustainability Internship: Social Media Intern
UIC Office of Sustainability is seeking a sustainability minded undergraduate student intern to coordinate our social media operations and help update components of our website. The intern will work with the Office of Sustainability staff.
- Updating Twitter/Facebook accounts
- Posting articles to OS blog
- Add events to web calendar
- Support office’s outreach efforts and community engagement
- Produce marketing materials
- Interest in, demonstrated experience with, or coursework relating to any sustainability issue(s)
- Excellent communication skills; strong interpersonal communication
- Good organizational skills, excellent attention for detail
- Ability to work independently, based on instructions from office staff, with minimal supervision
- Capacity to learn and use web-based tools including social media (Facebook, Twitter) and content-management systems
- prior experience with social media is important
- Familiarity with office productivity software (MS Office required, Adobe Creative Suite preferred)
The Social Media Intern will be a member of the Sustainability Intern Cohort. The Sustainability Internship Program (SIP) is a new initiative through the Office of Sustainability that offers hands-on learning experiences that help achieve the overall mission of greater social, economic and environmental sustainability in the campus community. The program consists of weekly seminars and field outings on a range of educational and skill building topics including: environmental and energy sustainability issues, cultural sustainability issues, institutional challenges and change management, campus structure and administration, campus sustainability programs and job readiness. The SIP requirements include: meeting weekly work plan goals, frequent meetings with project supervisor, attendance at weekly seminars and outings, blog posts and a final poster presentation.
This position is 15 hrs/week from June 2nd to August 8th. Compensation is available as an hourly wage ($8.77/hr) OR for credit hours (student must confirm with their academic advisor).
Undergraduates from all disciplines are encouraged to apply. Please complete the application form at https://sustainability.uic.edu/sustainability-internship-program-application/. Once completed, please send resume and cover letter to Zoë Lukens: email@example.com