Undergraduate Success Center Now Hiring Student Assistants for 2014-2015!
The Undergraduate Success Center (USC) is an advising center located in Stevenson Hall 111 and offers holistic advising to students from all majors and colleges. The center serves as a “one-stop” referral resource for students who need help or who need access to resources. The USC is seeking a student assistant to begin working in Fall 2014.
- Work the front desk, schedule student appointments and assist with student intake
- Engaging students and helping them navigate campus and university procedures as needed
- Check-in all students and works with the advisors for follow-up
- Maintains office calendar, and assists with all office events and programs
- Be familiar with Microsoft Publisher, Excel, and Google Drive
- Responsible for office cleanliness and upkeep
- Work with other student workers throughout the week
- Be friendly, personable and remain professional at all times
- Must be well spoken, patient, and organized.
- The hired student assistant must attend two training sessions upon decision.
Qualifications: Previous office support and/or customer service experience on or off-campus is preferred. Candidates must be a full-time student at the University of Illinois at Chicago and have the ability to communicate clearly. Federal Work Study is strongly preferred and all majors are welcomed!
- The student assistant will gain valuable experience in office administration, university affairs, event planning, record managing, Microsoft Outlook, professional communication, and office organization.
- Work schedule is made around your classes.
- Apply at www.go.uic.edu/uscjobs. The deadline for submissions is April 21st, 2014 at 12:00 pm. It is highly encouraged to apply early. Qualified candidates will be contacted and scheduled for an in-person interview. All candidates will be notified of their status once a decision is made. Any questions can also be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org