Opportunity 1: Social Media Internship
JOIN OUR TEAM
Do you love being creative? Are you passionate about social media? Do you want to be involved in the arts and culture scene? If this sounds like you, apply for our social media internship!
We're looking for a forward-thinking and enthusiastic intern to help us build an innovative online presence. As a social media intern, you'll get a unique hands-on experience by working with our team, creating content, and building relationships with the community.
Social Media Internship Details
The International Latino Cultural Center (ILCC) seeks a creative, forward-thinking, and enthusiastic social media intern for a unique hands-on experience to help the ILCC build an innovative online presence. NOTE: THIS IS AN UNPAID INTERNSHIP, COLLEGE CREDIT ONLY
Key Qualifications and Skills: The ideal intern is a junior/senior majoring in Marketing, Public Relations, Advertising, Communications, or Latino Studies. This Intern should display strong project management, interpersonal, and written communication skills. Fluency in Spanish is a requirement.
• Experience in social media or content creation is an advantage
• Graphic design and/or video production experience preferred - please provide a portfolio or proof of work
• Ability to work on several projects at once and meet strict deadlines
• Knowledge of Latino art and culture or ability to learn and synthesize information quickly
• Energetic, creative, flexible, collaborative, and proactive attitude
• Must reside within the Chicagoland area
• Proficient in Google Suite
Duties: Internship duties include but are not limited to:
• Create social media content for various platforms (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, TikTok, Youtube, and LinkedIn)
• Strategize and track social media outreach and performance in terms of engagement
• Keep a close eye on social media trends
• Ongoing research of the Latino arts and culture scene (local, national, and international)
• Collaborate with ILCC and social media team on campaigns
• Attend weekly strategy meetings
• Attend ILCC and Chicago events (may vary depending on COVID restrictions)
Hours: 15-25 hours per week predominantly working remotely (flexible schedule is preferred)
Send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com with the subject line Social Media Intern Application.
Opportunity 2: After-school Tutor
via Samera Hadi, Director of Programs at GirlForward:
GirlForward is a non-profit organization providing adolescent refugee girls with individual mentorship, educational programming and leadership opportunities.
One of the many programs GirlForward hosts is an after-school tutoring program. GirlForward offers an after-school tutoring program Tuesday-Thursday 3:30-7 pm.
GirlForward asks tutors to commit at least once a week at either the 3:30-5:30 pm time slot or the 5:30-7:30 pm time slot Tuesdays-Thursdays for a minimum of one semester.
This year, like the past year, will be in a virtual format, with the hopes to integrate a hybrid method, if applicable. You can learn more about our tutoring program here https://www.girlforward.org/tutoring/
With that being said, our tutor application for the 21-22 school year has opened. If you or your prospective community and network are interested in applying, GirlForward is currently accepting applications for the next academic year and will follow up with you if you have been selected.
You can apply here