The Learning Sciences Research Institute at the University of Illinois at Chicago is seeking an undergraduate hourly employee to assist with the technical support needs of the Institute. Qualified candidates will have expertise in the following areas:
• Ability to troubleshoot both Macintosh and Windows platforms as well as peripherals (printers, UIC Wireless, network, projectors). LSRI is 70% Mac.
• Firm understanding of Windows Servers, its components (Active Directory and IIS), and how the departmental servers interact with the greater university networking structure. Linux Server knowledge is also helpful.
• Maintenance of said file and web servers including monitoring backups and error logs
• Experience creating both Access and MYSQL database-driven websites with ASP and PHP.
• Assist in developing custom applications for projects (e.g. data collection websites)
• Assist in providing media services for projects (video taping, editing)
Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills are necessary.
The start date is ASAP. Send resumes to