Attention students of history, literature, art and culture--and the intellectually curious at large:
The Illinois Medieval Association Conference will take place on the UIC campus Friday February 21 and Saturday February 22. The conference site and program are here: http://ima2014.publish.uic.edu/
The conference organizers are hoping that some students will take advantage of this wonderful opportunity to attend the conference free if they volunteer a few hours of their time. Students who are not directly studying the medieval period still enjoy the conference and networking with faculty and grad students from other institutions, and will certainly learn a lot from helping to set it up.
Volunteers may write directly to Professor Dolly Weber at email@example.com. Volunteers should specify if they can help Friday afternoon or Saturday (or both). They should also look at the program so they don't volunteer at the very moment the papers they are interested in are being presented, of course!
We need volunteer help with the below tasks. Volunteers may attend the conference and the meals free.
- Registration table: (Friday 12-5, Saturday 9-12)
- Posting signs in SCE, GH, Library to indicate where sessions, keynote, lunch are (on Friday and Saturday)
- Helping people get from building to building (after sessions on Friday, to the Library, for example; after sessions on Sat to Grant Hall and back)
- Helping set up/clean up coffee breaks Friday
- Helping set up/clean up coffee breaks Saturday
- Helping set up Friday night reception (and helping clean up afterwards)
- Helping set up Saturday lunch (a relatively big production, moving tables, setting it all up, cleaning up afterwards): we will need quite a few people for this.
- Helping make sure that the SCE session rooms are left clean Saturday at the end of the conference.