This internship aims to familiarize students interested in urban sustainability, bicycle transportation planning, or urban planning generally with the components of university bicycle planning. Objective of internship is to help implement bike planning based on best management practices and UIC processes.
- Build on work completed to date with respect to bike parking planning
- Work with Office of Sustainability staff on a range of on-going and discreet tasks such as Bicycle Advisory Meeting (BAM) and inter-campus programming and initiatives
- Work on outreach actions- flyers, distribution of maps and other information, social media postings
- Work on projects identified by Bike Advisory Meeting
- Interest in and knowledge of bicycle issues
- Excellent communication skills
- Good organizational skills
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
This is an unpaid position. Minimum 3 hours per week /45 hours per semester.
Please fill out the application at https://uofi.uic.edu/fb/sec/9190164 by Friday, January 3, 2014. NOTE: Save paper – printed applications or resumes will not be accepted.
Please contact Kate Yoshida with questions at email@example.com or 312 355 0089.